St. Lucie Public Schools is pleased to provide you with this Back to School Quick Guide filled with important information for parents and students.
Did you know?
- SLPS Ranks 1st on the Treasure Coast for Overall Student Performance
- SLPS Ranks 5th in the State for Graduation Rate
- SLPS Ranks 5th in the State for Career and Technical Education
- SLPS Ranks 12th in the State for Middle School Acceleration
- Cambridge International’s District of the Year for 2022 and 2020
- Named a District of Distinction
2022-2023 SCHOOL CALENDAR
Access the full SLPS 2022-2023 school year calendar here: https://www.stlucie.k12.fl.us/pdf/School-Calendar.pdf
SLPS Code of Conduct: https://www.stlucie.k12.fl.us/pdf/codeofconduct.pdf
2022-23 SCHOOL MEAL APPLICATIONS
Did you know there are other benefits that income-eligible families receive in addition to free breakfasts and lunches?
Eligible students also receive:
• FREE lunch and breakfast
• Discounted college application fees
• Summer & after-school meals
• Free waivers for SAT/ACT/PSAT exams
• Discounted bus passes, internet and phone services for parents and students
Please note: Completing a meal application is REQUIRED to receive a Meal Benefit.
HEALTH SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The health and well-being of students is important, which is why SLPS conducts health screenings to provide early detection and enable follow-up opportunities for sensory and physical issues that may hinder a student’s development and learning.
Florida law requires you to consent to health screenings in writing.
Download the consent form here: https://www.stlucie.k12.fl.us/pdf/forms/XED0295A.pdf
SLPS strives to transport students to and from their centers of learning in a safe, timely, efficient and academically supportive manner. There are many tools offered to parents to make the transportation process easier. Not only does SLPS make it easy to find your bus route online, but you can also view the real-time location of your children’s school bus on your smartphone, tablet or computer with the mobile device app and website Here Comes the Bus!
CAREER AND TECHNICAL PROGRAMS
Career and Technical Education offers a complete range of career options for all students, helping them to discover their interests and the educational pathways that lead to success. These programs offer students the opportunity to achieve industry-recognized certifications, workbased learning experiences, and articulated college credits.
CTE helps students gain the technical skills, rigorous academic foundation, and real-world experience they need for postsecondary education and a high-skill, high wage, high-demand career.
To learn more about these programs visit: https://www. stlucie.k12.fl.us/departments/career-and-technical-education/
• Standard Diploma: 24 credits
• ACCEL Diploma: 18 credits
• Grade 10 English Language Arts (ELA) or a concordant score
• Algebra 1 end of course (EOC) or a comparative score
• 2.0 GPA