Twenty students from SLPS attended the “Ready to Work” Manufacturing Boot Camp Program Acceptance Information Session. Based on recommendations by high school guidance counselors, students attended to learn more about this opportunity to participate in a one week manufacturing boot camp organized by the Economic Development Council (EDC) post-graduation.
Students will have an experienced-packed week visiting local manufacturers and attending training sessions that will include: soft skills, finances, and resume writing. After the week, students will have the opportunity to interview with the following companies:
- Silver Line Plastics: https://www.slpipe.com/
- Phoenix Metal Products: http://www.phoenixgse.com/
- Pursuit Boats: http://www.pursuitboats.com/
- Hi-Tide Boat Lifts: http://www.hi-tide.com/
- Walmart Distribution: https://careers.walmart.com/distribution-centers-and-drivers/distribution-centers
- Southern Eagle Distributing: http://www.southerneagledist.com/southern-eagle-home.html
This is yet another phenomenal opportunity for students, and SLPS is thankful for the vision and partnership of the EDC.