The goals are to:
• raise awareness of mentoring in its various forms;
• recruit individuals to mentor, especially in programs that have waiting lists of young people; and
• promote increased growth of mentoring by recruiting organizations.
Several important dates are highlighted during National Mentoring Month:
• January 17, 2019: International Mentoring Day – A day of international conversation where photos, videos and messages of powerful mentoring stories are shared.
• January 21, 2019: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service – A day to share in the inspirational words and work of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and elevate the spirit of service through volunteerism.
• January 31, 2019: #ThankYourMentor Day – A day to let mentors know they are appreciated and valued.