C-SPAN’s all-new 45-foot customized motor coach partnered with Comcast to engage teachers and students through interactive demonstrations of C-SPAN’s multi-platform public service resources.
Students interacted with state-of-the-art resources on the bus including:
- Large-screen tablets featuring C-SPAN programming and myriad of political and educational resources
- A smart TV and classroom area for conversations with students and teachers
- A high-definition TV production studio for taped and live programming
- A 360-degree video station featuring C-SPAN’s unfiltered coverage of high-profile events and insightful, behind-the-scenes tours of U.S. landmarks
- A Washington, D.C.-themed selfie station where visitors can share their Bus experience through social media
To launch the new C-SPAN Bus – and begin the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Bus program – C-SPAN embarked on a “50 Capitals Tour” in September 2017, heading to every U.S. state capital, culminating in November 2018. As the Bus travels, elected officials will be featured during C-SPAN’s signature morning program, Washington Journal. City Councilwoman Stephanie Morgan joined our students at St. Lucie West K-8 to enjoy this opportunity.