St. Lucie Public Schools has opportunities for qualified candidates to join our substitute teaching team. Interested candidates will hold a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or 60 college credits and must agree to work at least two days per month.
· Substitute teachers in Long Term Assignments (21 days or more) earn $100.00 per day.
· Substitute teachers in our Critical Needs sites earn $90.00 per day for day to day substituting.
· Our substitute teachers earn a base rate of $71.00 per day and receive a rate increase to $90.00 per day after meeting our frequency requirements.
We value our substitute teachers and provide free tutorials and guidance to those individuals who wish to pursue teaching as a career.
- To apply as a Substitute, click the here: https://business.stlucie.k12.fl.us/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsFin/rapplmnu03.w
- Once you have submitted your completed application, it will be processed by the Human Resources Department.
- Once you have been hired, you will receive an email with instructions to schedule and pay for your photo ID badge, fingerprint and drug screen appointments. A link will be included for you to schedule your appointment to complete your on-boarding packet in the Human Resources Department.
- Upon completion of the steps above, you will be contacted by the department of which you applied, and they will assign you accordingly.