PORT ST. LUCIE, FL – The Morningside Branch Library splashes into summer on Saturday, June 22 at 2 p.m. as the Movie Matinee presents “Aquaman.”
Featuring Jason Momoa and Amber Heard, the latest in the DC Universe follows Arthur Curry, the human-born heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, as he goes on a quest to prevent a war between the worlds of ocean and land. The movie is rated PG-13 with a running time of 143 minutes. Anyone younger than 13 who would like to attend the movie matinee, must be accompanied by or have a permission slip signed by a parent or guardian.
Additional family activities for June include:
· Coding for Kids on Saturday, June 1 at 2 p.m. Join us for fun, hands-on coding activity where kids get to decide what happens next by creating “An Unusual Space Discovery” using Scratch 3.0. Designed for grades 4 through 9, space is limited to 20 students.
· Summer Reading Blast Off Celebration takes place Saturday, June 8 at 2 p.m. Activities include face painting, crafts, games, music and Summer Reading registration.
· Legos for Kids on Saturday, June 15 from 2 p.m. Suited for students in kindergarten through 5th grade. Students can play, build and learn with Legos.
· Exploring Constellations takes orbit on Wednesday, June 19 at 10:30 a.m. Listen to stories about the stars in our sky; learn to use a Planisphere and make your own Constellation Viewer. Designed for grades K through 5.
· The Science Across the Universe program blasts off on Fridays at 2 p.m., starting June 14 through July 19 (except for the week of July 4). Designed for students in kindergarten through 5th grade, this program provides students with the opportunity to take part in hands-on science experiments.
· Blast off into a Universe of Stories with the Super Stargazers on Wednesday, June 12 at 10:30 a.m. Enjoy dancing, trivia and much more during this intergalactic adventure.
· Take a Great Space Adventure on Wednesday, June 26 at 10:30 a.m. Experience a Universe of Stories with magic and balloons featuring Wally the Wacky Word Bird.
· Storytime is held every Thursday at 10:30 a.m.
These programs are free and open to everyone.
For more information about Morningside Library events, call 772-337-5632 or visit www.stlucieco.gov/Library. The Morningside Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 2410 SE Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie.