This year’s 34th Annual Business & Industry Awards, hosted by the Chamber of Commerce and MIDFLORIDA Credit Union, was an evening to celebrate businesses and organizations in St. Lucie County that positively contribute to the area’s economic well-being and quality of life.
Nominees for the award were submitted to the Chamber and each was judged on criteria including community involvement, economic impact, Chamber participation, and environmental responsibility.
St. Lucie Public Schools and the Fort Pierce Westwood Veterinary Academy are proud to have been recognized as finalists in their respective categories of Subsidized Organizations and Animal Services.
Congratulations to the overall winners in each category:
- Animal Services: North Port St. Lucie Animal Hospital
- Auto Services: St. Lucie Battery & Tire
- Financial Services: IBM Southeast Employees’ Credit Union
- Food & Beverage: St. Lucie Draft House
- Health Services: Tradition Family Chiropractic
- Insurance Services: GEICO Local Office
- Legal Services: Carroll Collins Bail Bonds
- New Business: HopLife Brewing Company
- Non-Profit Organizations: Grace Way Village
- PR/Media Services: All Things Treasure Coast
- Professional Services: Aycock Funeral Home
- Real Estate Services: Realtor® Association of the Palm Beaches & Greater Fort Lauderdale
- Retail Services: Swig of Color
- Subsidized Organizations: Children’s Services Council of St. Lucie County
- Tourism: St. Lucie Mets
- Trades: AApex Electric
This year’s ECTAC Conference was abuzz with conversation as educators from across Florida celebrated and learned from other schools who are exceeding expectations. This conference provides the opportunity for schools that are striving for higher levels of achievement to collaborate in the sharing of best practices and ideas. (ECTAC provides technical assistance to a collaborative network of school districts regarding selective programs contained in the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) reauthorized as the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).)
Special congratulations are extended to Fairlawn Elementary School and West Gate K-8 School for their inspiring approach to school-wide collaboration and academic support.
St. Lucie Public Schools has partnered with Healthy Schools – the nation’s largest school vaccine provider – to offer flu shots to your child during the school day. The copay is $0, so there is no cost to you.
The CDC recommends a flu shot as your child’s number one defense against the flu. Our District’s goal is to ensure that flu shots are available to our students.
Help us as St. Lucie Public Schools Fights the Flu.
Learn more and sign up your child for a flu shot — it’s not too late!
Help Buick donate up to $10,000 to Ft. Pierce Westwood High School!
Drivers 21 and older are invited to take a 2 – 3 minute test drive on November 3rd at Fort Pierce Westwood High School.
Buick will donate $10 for the first 100 test drives and $20 per test drive after the school hits the 100 benchmark.
The event is scheduled from 8 AM to 3 PM on Saturday, November 3rd.